By providing supply chain reliability, Armstrong demonstrates its Credo of “building trust.”
Three generations of continuity of ownership and operating philosophy have generated consistent, reasonable, annual profits each year since 1957. Armstrong’s foundation of fiscal continuity enables investments in functional continuity, resulting in supply chain reliability. Our disaster recovery objectives are to protect human assets, protect informational assets and provide for continuity of operations.
Armstrong employs technology and processes to minimize the impact of a disaster and provide for timely recovery within our existing headquarters facility in Memphis, Tenn. In the event this is not possible, Armstrong operates a redundant data center in Dallas, Texas, enabling any service outage to be restored within two hours.
Additionally, UniGroup has a similar contingency plan to support Armstrong and all agents of United Van Lines and Mayflower Transit.
Should technology or software fail, Armstrong can revert to manual processes. While such an action would impair efficiencies, it could be done until no longer necessary.
Armstrong has contingency plans to resume operations at other locations should such action become necessary. These plans are maintained and tested on a frequent basis.
In the event of a business disruption or disaster that impairs or destroys our physical operating locations, Armstrong has contracted an outsourced supplier to provide all key elements needed to restore operations quickly, anywhere across North America. Elements provided include: temporary mobile or commercial office space; power generation; computer systems and equipment; and phone and Internet communication.
- "Every person we came into contact with from coordination to packing moving and delivering/unpacking for our move deserves high accolades. All were very professional and equally as friendly. It was a very positive experience all around."
S.D., August 2015
- "This was by far the best crew and moving experience we have ever had. We were VERY impressed with the packers and movers on each end."
S.S., August 2015
- "The driver and loading crew were absolutely fantastic, and made the entire move very, very pleasant! [He] The driver worked with me and delivered at a time that was convenient for my family. A+++++"
R.Y., August 2015
- "Everything regarding out move went well. We didn't have to do anything and the communication the entire time was great!"
A.S., August 2015
- "Our move coordinator was impeccable! She stayed on top of every detail and went above and beyond expectations. She was always available to answer our questions. We were highly impressed with our move!"
R.L., June 2015