Armstrong seeks to respect and reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate and the marketplace we serve.
Armstrong’s team of 900+ is diverse in every way. For example, in 1985, we advanced the van operator as owner-operator model. We provided financing for drivers to purchase tractors and straight trucks, equipping them to operate as independent business owners. This model has continued to propagate to the point where today, 63% of our drivers are ethnic minorities who are owner-operators.
Additionally, under the leadership of Jenny Johnson, CEO of Armstrong Relocation – Huntsville, we have earned certification from the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) as a woman-owned and -managed enterprise.
As a result of these efforts, Armstrong is able to provide clients with both Tier I and Tier II diversity spend capture opportunities.
We challenge our supply chain network to act in a socially-responsible manner, primarily exemplified in diversity and environmental sustainability actions in keeping with Armstrong’s goals and initiatives.
These suppliers provide additional opportunities for Tier II diversity spend capture.
Our philanthropic activities are designed to enrich the communities in which we operate. Many of these purposeful investments of human and fiscal resources impact minorities within our local markets. While some of these investments are long standing, our agencies select an appropriate enrichment activity of their own choosing for particular emphasis each calendar year.
- "Every person we came into contact with from coordination to packing moving and delivering/unpacking for our move deserves high accolades. All were very professional and equally as friendly. It was a very positive experience all around."
S.D., August 2015
- "This was by far the best crew and moving experience we have ever had. We were VERY impressed with the packers and movers on each end."
S.S., August 2015
- "The driver and loading crew were absolutely fantastic, and made the entire move very, very pleasant! [He] The driver worked with me and delivered at a time that was convenient for my family. A+++++"
R.Y., August 2015
- "Everything regarding out move went well. We didn't have to do anything and the communication the entire time was great!"
A.S., August 2015
- "Our move coordinator was impeccable! She stayed on top of every detail and went above and beyond expectations. She was always available to answer our questions. We were highly impressed with our move!"
R.L., June 2015