Pursuing Armstrong’s Mission Statement requires that we act as “passionate team members working together to deliver excellence in… safety.”
The success of Armstrong’s approach to safety is evidenced by our uninterrupted coverage by a single insurance carrier since 1957. In addition to our in-house Safety Department, we have an Agency Safety Representative at each agency who reports directly to his/her agency President. The six-component Safety Management Cycle of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration provides the framework for continuous improvement.
Our Agency Safety Representatives prepare and execute an annual Safety Action Plan. This plan is used to document satisfaction of and continuous improvement in key safety performance metrics. Metrics are derived from Department of Transportation and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations, van line mandates, and our own procedures, controls and policies. Maintaining a lower-than-industry Experience Modification Rate is a key result.
Agency Safety Representatives earn certification through participation in a Safety Planning Workshop and successful completion of six online courses. Certification modules include driver qualifications, vehicle inspections, pre-trip checklists, maintenance logs, hours of service compliance and overall Safety Performance Rating. Armstrong’s Safety Department, our insurer, outside consultants and UniGroup’s Safety Department conduct training and coaching.
We provide safety training meeting curriculum to our Agency Safety Representatives for weekly use with operations personnel. Additionally, they conduct recurring driver review sessions and perform frequent site visit audits on jobs-in-process.
- "Every person we came into contact with from coordination to packing moving and delivering/unpacking for our move deserves high accolades. All were very professional and equally as friendly. It was a very positive experience all around."
S.D., August 2015
- "This was by far the best crew and moving experience we have ever had. We were VERY impressed with the packers and movers on each end."
S.S., August 2015
- "The driver and loading crew were absolutely fantastic, and made the entire move very, very pleasant! [He] The driver worked with me and delivered at a time that was convenient for my family. A+++++"
R.Y., August 2015
- "Everything regarding out move went well. We didn't have to do anything and the communication the entire time was great!"
A.S., August 2015
- "Our move coordinator was impeccable! She stayed on top of every detail and went above and beyond expectations. She was always available to answer our questions. We were highly impressed with our move!"
R.L., June 2015